The Affordable Care Act
· The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), otherwise known as “Obamacare,” enacted in March 2010, introduced a series of reforms to expand health insurance coverage by:
* Expanding Medicaid eligibility and
* Establishing health insurance exchanges or market places.
· In CT, the insurance marketplace is called “Access Health CT”. The marketplace will offer approved health insurance plans to individuals, families and small business. Eligible consumers may qualify for discounts in the form of tax credits.
· Enrollment Period: Those who enroll in the first enrollment period, Oct. 2013-Mar 2014, will have coverage effective January 2014.
There are several Assisters in New Haven.
We will share their contact information as we learn it.
For more information about enrollment and what information you must have to sign up for a health care plan, Click Here.
You may visit the AccessHealthCT website at: AccessHealthCT